The kind of bursary that we welcome into the ASF Family is one that (a) shows academic promise (b) demonstrates initiative, seeks out opportunity, accepts responsibility (c) gives back gracefully. Should you meet our criteria, we will support you. The information below explains how we go about making our selection at high school.
Our areas of operation are the Western, Eastern and Northern Cape. Application forms are available at your school, you may download it from this website (Click here), or you may contact our offices – see the Contact Us section.
The current contribution of R1000 per year is made through the school to ensure that it is used for school items.
- Your average mark (all subjects) is 50% or above.
- The school fees are R4500 or less per year.
- The total monthly household income does not exceed R7500.
- You live & attend school in the Free State, Western, Eastern or Northern Cape.
- You are/will be 21yrs or younger in your matric year
Twice a year, mid-year and in December, we check the reports in order to monitor, evaluate and give advice on progress made. Your money is paid in two installments. The first payment is sent to the school in February so that you can pay your school fund and purchase uniform or stationery items. If your mid-year report meets our criteria, we send the rest of your money via the school.